Monday, June 24, 2013

CENTSable Beauty: An Introduction

Hello all, Micki here, and welcome back to Auntie M Savings Blog!  Today, we'd like to introduce a new blog series that touches on how to be frugal with the high cost of beauty products.

I think all of us ladies have at least a small (or not so small) addiction to beauty products.  It might not be makeup, but it could be a great cleanser that gets your skin squeaky clean or a shampoo that makes your hair shine like nothing else.  The problem we all run into is when we run out of product is that even the drug store brands can get a bit pricey.  With any luck, this blog series should give some helpful tips on how to stay beautiful on a not-so-beautiful budget.

This will be a bi-weekly series, so look for our first official post in two weeks.  But, for now, a small sample of some of the drug store beauty steals of the week!

CVS has three great deals I'd like to mention:

Revlon:
Buy $10 worth of Revlon products, get $4 ECBs

The deal I got was only available on Sunday, but I'd like to share a product I really like with you all anyway. Here was the deal I got:


Purchased Revlon Photo Ready Translucent Powder $13
Used (1) 25% off regular priced item coupon
Got $4 ECBs
Used (1) $2/1 Revlon Face Product (Expired Sunday)
Paid $3.75 for Translucent Powder

I've used this product for two days now, and it has to be the best translucent powder I've ever tried.  I used a loose powder by Makeup Forever on my wedding day, and it didn't even keep my oily skin at bay as long as this drugstore product did.  Amazing.

But, if you were unable to get to the store Sunday with you $2 coupon, there are still some great Revlon coupons that were released this Sunday!  $1/1 Eyeshadow, $1/1 Lip product and $1/1 Nail Polish, all of which are covered in the sale.   Most lip products run in the $8-$9 range, and the Eyeshadow palettes were $9.79 at my local store.  To get over the $10 mark, I'd suggest purchasing a low cost beauty tool, like a Revlon eyelash curler or Tweezers.

NYC Cosmetics:
Buy $5, get $2 ECBs
There are currently no coupons available for this deal, but you can still get some inexpensive makeup on a brand that is already on the lower end of affordable!

**NOTE: Wet 'n Wild cosmetics, although not in the ad, is reportedly on this same sale in stores that carry the line.  (I'm checking back at my local store for this one... Wet 'n Wild Eyeshadows are AWESOME)


Physician's Formula:
45% off all Physician's Formula Cosmetics

I wasn't originally going to mention this, because it wasn't as great of a deal as CVS normally runs ($7 ECBs for a $10 purchase makes it 70% off without even using a coupon).  However, after I purchased my Revlon powder on Sunday, a coupon appeared at the end of my receipt for $3 off any Physician's Formula cosmetic item.  This, stacked with the $1/1 manufacturer coupon from SS 4/21/13, could make a really great deal!

Do you have a frugal beauty tip you'd like to share? Have a topic you'd like us to cover in a blog post? Any great deals I missed at drug stores this week?  Feel free to share in the comments below! See you next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Angela (the aunt in Auntie M)June 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

    Although not available at a local store, if you find an Avon lady, and watch for the eye make up remover to go on sale for .99 cents. It's the best make up remover I've ever used.

    ReplyDelete