Friday, August 30, 2013

Frugal Friday! How To Shop At Target





My new favorite store for groceries is Target. If you have a Super Target nearby, check out their prices on groceries. Because my Target isn't as close as other grocery stores, I didn't really pay attention to the grocery items. I would go in for clothes, personal items, etc. Especially when they offer gift cards.

Recently, I really started looking at their grocery prices, what coupons they offered, what cartwheel is available and is there a gift card. I was surprised to discover that their prices are better than the grocery stores (in most cases). Often when they have a sale, they offer a Target coupon and a Cartwheel to combine with it. I was so surprised to see how much I could save on produce, meats, frozen foods, and pet items.

Target offers a variety of ways to save. 
  • Printable coupons at Target.com 
  • Mobile coupons at Target.com or their mobile app 
  • Cartwheel mobile app 
  • Text coupons. 827-438
I love that I can use Target coupons and cartwheel on Target and manufacturer brand items.

Here’s how it works: 
     Find an item on sale 
     They will deduct the Target coupon 
     Next they will deduct the percentage of savings from Cartwheel 
     Finally, they deduct the manufacturer coupon

Here’s an example: 
Market Pantry frozen chicken. $6.99 for 2.50 lb bag. 
Printable coupon for $1.50 off two Market Pantry frozen chicken products 
5% off of Market Pantry frozen chicken via Cartwheel 
2 @ $6.99 = 13.98 - $1.50 = $12.48 - .62 cents (5% Cartwheel) = $11.86 or $2.37 per pound.

Also Target will price match other stores. You will need to have the ad, using a phone to show the ad won’t work.

No comments:

Post a Comment